From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What happend to portage speed?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:48:18
1 Portage just has gotten slower over time with the added functionality,
2 especially removing a lot of files takes ages for me. I suppose extra
3 checks and all that take time.
4
5 - foser
8 On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 20:35, John Nilsson wrote:
9 > No
10 >
11 > George Shapovalov wrote:
12 >
13 > > On Sunday 31 August 2003 07:23, John Nilsson wrote:
14 > >
15 > >>Actually it seems most time is spent after each "...done" statement.
16 > >
17 > > Hm, do you by chance have a lot of binary packages you created in packages/All
18 > > *and* you have fixpackages in your FEATURES in make.conf?
19 > >
20 > > George
24 > > --
25 > > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list