From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] DIGESTS metadata variable for cache validation
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:56:40
Zac Medico schrieb:
> The primary reason to use a digest for cache validation instead of a > timestamp is that it allows the cache validation mechanism to work > even if the tree is distributed with a protocol that does not > preserve timestamps, such as git or subversion. This would make it > possible to distribute metadata cache directly from git and > subversion repositories (among others).
So just to make sure I understand what you're after... You want to add some checksum to the cache file to make sure that all its other vars (line 1-17) are still the same even though there are timestamp issues? Or is that checksum for the ebuild file (which is in the Manifest file in the ebuild dir)? Greetz -Jokey