From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-db/freetds
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:14:23
1 On Thursday 27 May 2004 22:05, foser wrote:
2 > Nah.. we comment it out just like that. It would be something if we had
3 > to maintain libs just because there's a gnome frontend for it. Well.. ok
4 > we already do that, but we don't need more of those.
5
6 Well, it's a dependency of libgda in gnome-extra. Presumably there's a Gnome
7 app or two somewhere that would miss having access to sybase or SQL Server.
8
9 > I'd say the guy who does the most bumping makes the maintainer..
10 > robbat2
11
12 Okay then, as we want this for PHP (sybase and Microsoft SQL Server support),
13 the PHP herd will take this library under it's wing.
14
15 I've marked 0.62.3 as stable, and added a metadata.xml file.
16
17 > It is questionable in itself that this package clearly had a lot of
18 > maintenance after the introduction of metadata and it still has no
19 > metadata.xml & set maintainership trough a herd.
20
21 Somehow, I doubt that this is particularly rare.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Stu
25 --
26 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
27 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
28 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
29
30 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
31 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C