From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Future of gentoo's stable and unstable trees: what are your thoughts?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 05:49:55
1 On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 11:03 +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 >
3 > 1) Don't file keywordreq, since noone work on them. File directly
4 > stablereq.
5
6 This does not make sense to me.
7
8 If we want to go this route we should probably state a policy instead
9 that new dependencies for already keyworded packages automatically get
10 those keywords as well, even if untested. For packages with stable
11 keywords this would provide a chance to find issues before the package
12 is marked stable.
13
14 For KEYWORDREQ bugs we could also enlist our users. As a maintainer of
15 dev-ruby packages I'd be happy to add any keywords based on a "emerge
16 --info" and "build.log with FEATURES=test" combo added to a KEYWORDREQ
17 bug. Putting out a call for action and an easy way for users to scan
18 open KEYWORDREQ bugs for their arch might put a good dent in these.
19
20 Hans