From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo World Domination. a 10 step guide
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:08:10
1 On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 09:58 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > I replied in your part of the thread because Release Engineering are
3 > the obvious users of the mooted plans and reports.
4
5 That was kinda my point. We aren't. We really don't care what version
6 of Gnome/KDE/kernel get in the release. We just care that whatever it
7 is, it works. We work with the respective teams, but we leave it up to
8 them what we use. It happens to work out quite well this way. Reports
9 from teams such as Gnome and KDE would be more useful to users, I would
10 think, than to most developers. Any developers that it would impact are
11 likely already in the know.
12
13 Again, the last thing that I want to do is enforce some arbitrary
14 reporting where it isn't necessary. I do agree that it definitely is
15 necessary in some places, though. It just isn't necessary ubiquitously.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
21 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
22 Gentoo Foundation