From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proper installation path for efi binaries (.efi)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:32:47
1 On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:13:58PM +0100, Martin Pluskal wrote:
2 > Hi
3 > I am curious what is the proper path for installation of efi binaries
4 > (such as shim.efi) in gentoo. I don't think that installing them
5 > directly into /boot/efi... is proper way - it seems to me that
6 > /usr/lib64/efi or /usr/libexec/efi is more appropriate location for
7 > them. What's your opinion?
8
9 It depends on if you want the bootloader to use the binary or not. If
10 you do, it needs to be in /boot/efi/, otherwise it will never be able to
11 be run by the UEFI system.
12
13 Unless you really think that having /usr/ as a vfat filesystem is ok?
14 :)
15
16 thanks,
17