From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] List of ebuild functions that die/do not die
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:21:14
1 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> As it seems like noone else is doing something about it, i have started a list with some entries[1].
5 >> Please send me more functions and their place and error reports directly to me (via mail or irc).
8 > I thought that the rules for determination were pretty straightforward:
9 >
10 > commands that die:
11 > everything that is implemented as a function (ebuild.sh, eclasses, etc)
12 >
13 > commands that don't die:
14 > every external application (do*, cp, etc)
18 Technically the rule is that eclasses shouldn't die. At least that's the
19 latest version of the rules that I remember.