From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:35:10
1 * Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> [05/06/28 18:14 -0500]:
2 > I'm just getting ansty about all these new people we're bringing
3
4 "New people"? You're joking, aren't you? Some of them are
5 moderators for even a longer time than you are a Gentoo Dev.
6
7 The problem just is, that the Forums have been forgotten at
8 the time when our current (or even better now it's the old)
9 metastructure was built up. The forum moderators now just
10 take Gentoo's official way to add the forums and the folks
11 behind it as a usual TLP or SLP (probably to PR). And I'm
12 really ashamed that many Developers think they are just some
13 beggars for an @gentoo.org- and shell-account.
14
15 Did you really ever honoured their work? Think about the
16 Forums will go down for a week. I don't want to count the
17 questions a lot of developers will receive, which were
18 usually answered in the forums instead. Or political
19 discussions about Gentoo, which are hold in the forums and
20 where the moderators slurp out the essence and hand it over
21 to the related devs.
22
23 Yes, we need the forums, we need the moderators, and we also
24 need that the moderators will be involved into Gentoo
25 completely, so that they know our rare internals and are
26 allowed to take part on elections about the future of the
27 project.
28
29 Please keep in mind what has been said before: This thread
30 ain't be a flamefest. This is the official and transparent
31 way in how to integrate our forums as an official Gentoo
32 project.
33
34 Regards, Lars
37 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
38 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer and Release Engineer
39 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
40 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee