From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed changes to base profile for Gentoo/ALT
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:06:55
1 On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:11 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > As I'd like to get sooner or later (better sooner) the profiles for
3 > Gentoo/FreeBSD in main tree, I've synced the fake base profile in gentoo-alt
4 > overlay with the one in the tree. Unfortunately there are things in base that
5 > are linux-specific, so they, IMHO, should be moved in default-linux.
6 >
7 > The attached patch is the proposed changes, they are mainly linux-specific
8 > userland that does not work outside of Linux-based systems, but there are
9 > also some GNU-specific packages like which that we don't use.
10 >
11 > I would have some other changes for virtuals, but they are less important
12 > right now.
13 >
14 > Obviously if this is going to be applied the missing packages should be added
15 > to the packages of default-linux and other linux profiles that does inherit
16 > from base.
19 After reviewing the existing profiles effected by the proposed change
20 I'd suggest you do something like this.
21
22 cp -a base base-tmp
23 cd base
24 cat ~/base-alt-changes | patch
25 cd ..
26 diff -u base-tmp/packages base/packages | grep ^- | cut -c 2- > new.x
27 mv new.x base-tmp/packages
28 mv base core
29 mv base-tmp base
30 echo ../core > base/parent
31
32 # And then bsd inherits from core vs base.
35 solar <solar@g.o>
36 Gentoo Linux
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list