From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:48:56
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 27 July 2006 18:21, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
3 >> Looking at the meeting log, the
4 >> council even noted that the concerns had not been addressed
5 >
6 > no, we noted that people claimed they had concerns but when cornered and asked
7 > what exactly their concerns were, no more responses were to be had
8 >
9 > people need to bring up their outstanding issues now and get them addressed
10
11 Ok, since the first time around apparently wasn't good enough, how about
12 this? This project sucks. It takes random ebuilds without enough merit
13 or demand to even have some team and/or developer within Gentoo pick it
14 up, and dumps it to a
15 user-supported-yet-completely-official-break-my-gentoo-style tree that
16 has to potential to cause all sorts of QA problems. It flies right in
17 the face of those of us that have strived to educate users not to rice
18 out their systems with outside-the-tree ebuilds that have not gone
19 through some sort of arch team and/or maintainer QA before hitting the
20 tree. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me
21 think otherwise, and I think it needs to be killed. Now.
22
23 -Steve
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list