From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New RESTRICT=live value for identification of live ebuilds?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:39:29
1 On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:02:48 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Hi everyone,
8 >
9 > It might good to add support for a new RESTRICT=live value in
10 > ebuilds. By specifying this value, an ebuild would be able to
11 > indicate that it uses src_unpack() to download sources from some
12 > type of live repository such as cvs, darcs, git, mercurial, or svn.
13
14 If we go with the RESTRICT solution, I'd rather use
15 RESTRICT="versioned" to indicate that
16 a) ebuild version doesn't reflect upstream version (in most cases)
17 b) upstream changes don't result in a new version
18
19 Marius