From: Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: remove ldap from desktop profiles use flags
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 17:19:21
1 2012/5/5 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>:
2 > On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> I just installed fresh system on my pc, selected
5 >> 'default/linux/x86/10.0/desktop' profile and noticed ldap among
6 >> default USE flags. Why is that needed? I suppose there are more users
7 >> w/o ldap auth on desktops than with it.
8 >> So my proposal is to remove it from
9 >> profiles/targets/desktop/make.defaults. Any objections?
12 > So how are you going to avoid destroying machines that rely on it
13 > being on by default?
14
15 Well, i just haven't thought about that. Maybe make news item or
16 something of this kind. But now when i see this simple removal implies
17 such consequences, i think i can just live with it, disabling manually
18 :)
19
20 > -A
21 >