From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ANNOUNCE: catalyst 1.1.10
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:26:07
1 I am pleased to announce the release of catalyst 1.1.10 for mass
2 consumption. This is mostly a bug-fix release, but has two new features
3 and one feature has been modified, as a result of a bug. The two new
4 features are the inclusion of livecd/users, which allows someone to
5 specify a list of users that will be added to the CD via their
6 livecd-stage2 spec file. The second, is livecd/bootargs, which is used
7 to append arguments to the boot lines of your CD's bootloader. This is
8 useful for adding things like "dokeymap" to a CD. Due to the way we've
9 been processing the spec files, we needed to make a change to the
10 rcadd/rcdel syntax. The new separator for the service/runlevel is now a
11 pipe. This means if you had an rcadd of hostname:boot, it would now be
12 hostname|boot.
13
14 This is the last planned release for catalyst 1.x, and we will be moving
15 forward after the 2005.1 release with catalyst 2.0, so we hope this
16 works out for all of you.
17
18 Thanks for all the support, bugs, and patches,
21 Chris Gianelloni
23 Games - Developer
24 Gentoo Linux