From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 02:34:55
1 On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 09:26:20PM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 02/02/2017 09:22 PM, Sam Jorna wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Also, how would this work with local USE flags as opposed to global
5 > > flags? Would they be acceptable to have IUSE defaults?
8 > Exactly the same way as global flags: drop an entry in the desktop
9 > profile's package.use.
10
11 I can understand the reasoning behind using this, but it seems
12 unnecessarily laborious to do so - as I said, it would mean playing
13 around with profiles whenever changing a package for which flags are
14 defaulted.
15
16 Perhaps some standardisation of what warrants an IUSE default could
17 help, otherwise you might end up with the same situation, just relocated
18 into the profiles namespace instead of the package.
19
20 Having said that, I'm not strongly opposed, just trying to sound out
21 pros/cons/gotcha's.
24 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
25 GnuPG Key: D6180C26