From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:56:31
El 08/06/11 20:07, Vikraman escribió:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 09:35:26PM +0400, Николай Антонов wrote: >> On 08.06.2011 18:36, Vikraman wrote: >>> Hi everyone, >>> >>> I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I >>> have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following >>> information from hosts: >>> >>> * Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree >>> * ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS >>> * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS >>> * Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size, >>> and Build time for each installed package >>> >> May be collect hardware info & kernel configs too? >> For example cpuinfo, lspci and lsusb(?). > That's not part of package statistics. There's the smolt project for > hardware statistics.
Well there is another reason about why you don't want' to log that: Hardened users. Not having access to the kernel .config helps in making the system more resilient to some attacks, as a result many hardened users are very stubborn in not having the .config files published.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011 ross smith <rjsm@×××××.edu>