From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When the version scheme changes
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:17:29
1 On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Marijn Schouten (hkBst)
2 <hkBst@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > The benefit is being able to automatically reversion an ebuild. Reversioning may
5 > not be necessary very often, but it's annoying when it is and there is no good
6 > reason that it should. There is no benefit in keeping the version variables
7 > read-only.
8 >
9 > Marijn
12 I think that doing "PV=${PV/0./}" is asking for trouble, even if we
13 had a function for reseting it after the change. In any case it should
14 be a function like reset_pv ${PV/0./} which keeps other variables (P,
15 S...) consistent. Also, this would imply an EAPI bump.
16
17 I doubt this change is worth the trouble.
18
19 Regards,
20 --
21 Santiago M. Mola