From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] non-Gentoo stuff in our CVS
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:21:24
1 On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:23:20AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > > Instead of having a large globally distributed group of people each capable
3 > > of taking legal action against infringers, we now have one
4 > > NFP legal entity that afaik exists (legally) only in 1 US state.
5 >
6 > afaik there is work going on in germany which would allow for coverage in the
7 > EU (i think that the EU allows for this ...)
8 > -mike
9
10 It exists everywhere but is seated in one US state. This applies for most US
11 developers, you don't call those "illegal" in other states do you? :)
12
13 Anyway, in Belgium the Gentoo Foundation is a valid entity to speak/work
14 with/for, I'm pretty sure this is the same for every other country/county.
15
16 Wkr,
17 Sven Vermeulen
20 Documentation & PR project leader