From: Fyque <fyk@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Something to record a typical 'make install'
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:35:03
1 Hello,
2
3 At first, I want to say to you that I find your works is very useful and
4 show the way of the simplicity of package-managing. Bravo !
5
6 But, for me, I find that a tools like installwatch, but which integrate
7 the list of the new file directly in the gentoo system, should be very
8 interessant. I explain me :
9 When I download a package, which hasn't any ebuild script, and I don't
10 want to make one : the program is compiled, and ready to install, but I
11 would like tomonitor the installation and integrate the informations in
12 Portage (ex I would like the list of the files appears in a qpkg -l
13 foo). A sort of tool simplify the utilisation of the Portage system and
14 should decide any user to use it :-)
15 I know the best way is to write a ebuild script, but I try
16 anyway asking my question :)
17
18 Fyque
19
20 Ps: Sorry for my poor english, but it isn't my mother-language (you
21 should have see that). It should be very horrible to read for any
22 english ...
23
25 Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros d'économies !
26 Et pour 1 euro de plus, reçois le CD-ROM du jeu Dark Age of Camelot
27 + 1 mois de jeu en réseau offert !
28 Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant