From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:15:17
1 On Sunday 25 March 2007, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
2 > I'd like to ask what are the negative side-effects of adding such
3 > paragraph. Are there any true negative side-effects to a specification
4 > like that?
5 >
6 > A different topic is the way the paragraph is written. If we don't
7 > like how it is written, we can change it and problem solved.
8
9 it isnt a different topic because as pointed out, it's very easy to skew the
10 meaning to apply to anything and then screw ourselves
11
12 there's also the matter that if some more sponsors were to drop us, we'd then
13 have to worry about our infrastructure being "evenly" spaced out among the
14 remaining sponsors ... and then we could run into situations where sponsors
15 offered more resources and we were forced to say no because our social
16 contract was too restrictive
17
18 considering the pita this adds to address an issue that doesnt exist, seems
19 like a no brainer to me: dont do it
20
21 > To be honest, protecting ourselves from things that now seem
22 > improbable, isn't such a bad idea.
23
24 and where exactly do you stop ?
25 -mike