From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:14:19
1 On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:05:52 -0400
2 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Compile a list of existing ebuilds which depend on old EAPIs, and
4 > you've got a TODO list. (eclasses, I don't know; I don't know if
5 > eclasses explicitly express EAPI compatibility in metadata) Once that
6 > list is cleared, yes, you can assume there are no ebuilds with a
7 > specified EAPI of 0. I'd presume it would have been made widely known
8 > that new ebuilds shouldn't use the old EAPI by that point, and so
9 > support for the deprecated EAPI level can be abandoned.
10
11 You can't uninstall a package if you don't support its EAPI.
12
13 The "remove code" benefit applies to eclasses, not package manglers.
16 Ciaran McCreesh