From: Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Winex and glibc
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:17:40
1 On Tuesday 22 July 2003 04.35, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > i wouldnt suggest trying to downgrade ... i'm pretty sure it'll leave your
6 > box usuable (well it'll leave glibc unusable and thats usually your whole
7 > box :D)
8 >
9 > you can (if you dont mind shelling out $5) buy the binary versions from
10 > transgaming ... those work with the newest glibc ...
11 > - -mike
12 >
13 Don't buy codeweavers wine stuff as it doesn't work with the latest version of
14 glibc. I'll be downgrading glibc soon. Built glibc with nptl support as
15 someone here said it would work that way but it doesn't here. There is also
16 a bug in the glibc ebuild when you enable nptl, which I must report.
17
18 tony
21 Contract ASIC and FPGA design.
22 Telephone +46 702 894 667