From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc-3.3.6 for x86 stable
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:09:30
1 On Friday 02 September 2005 01:00 pm, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
2 > On 2005-09-02 12:05:38 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Friday 02 September 2005 11:50 am, Gustavo Zacarias wrote:
4 > >> Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > >>> any known/standing issues people wish to get out before we move
6 > >>> gcc-3.3.6
7 > >>> to x86 stable ?
8 > >>
9 > >> You'll also need a matching dev-libs/libffi, otherwise it'll go all
10 > >> circular for people using GNUstep.
11 > >
12 > > toolchain doesnt maintain libffi, the gnustep peeps do ...
13 >
14 > The gnustep herd (me) isn't going to be able to do much until the
15 > weekend...hey, the weekend starts in about 4 hours for me ...
16
17 i'm not exactly in a rush to make this happen, so i dont mind waiting for you
18 to get libffi sorted (assuming it wont take like a month :P)
19
20 > I've been trying to phase out dev-libs/libffi for a long while...if
21 > someone can figure out a patch for gcc-3.3 series that compiles and
22 > installs libffi w/o building the entirety of gjc/java/etc, that would
23 > be fantastic; gcc-3.4 series has had this for a long time, and the
24 > patch is incredibly simple -- my one attempt at doing this for gcc-3.3
25 > series proved fruitless. (The little bit of monkeying I've done with
26 > gcc-4 series has proved easy wrt to this.)
27
28 so has this all been integrated into the gcc ebuilds or does it need to be
29 or ... ?
30 -mike
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list