From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there a tool to manage USE flags? (use-config?)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:43:47
1 m h wrote:
2 > Other than a text editor?
3 >
4 > I'd like to have a tool that can add USE flags on a per package or
5 > global level. (I'm doing this in some build scripts and would prefer
6 > just to have a tool, rather than sed or some other shell hackery).
7 >
8 > I couldn't find anything via a quick search on google.
9 >
10 > Here's my interface:
11 >
12 > use-config --add --component sys-devel/gcc --flag fortran
13 >
14 > (adds the fortran USE flag to package.use for gcc)
15 >
16 > A --remove would remove the fortran USE flag, and --unset would put
17 > "-fortran" instead. A --global would update make.conf instead of
18 > package.use.
19 >
20 > Make sense? Are there other features that people would want?
21 >
22 > Unless this already exists, I'll probably create a tool for this.
23
24 euse from app-portage/gentoolkit provides this functionality for global
25 use flags, ie
26
27 euse --enable java
28 euse --disable xmms