From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: sh versionator.eclass
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 06:46:55
1 On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 23:30 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 October 2007 22:59:40 Roy Marples wrote:
3 > > This version, I believe, is more readable and maintainable then the one
4 > > currently in portage. It also uses a lot less code and has the bonus of
5 > > being pure sh.
6 >
7 > It should be noted that that first draft was developed on bash only.
8 > Attached is a patch that fixes quoting on all shells and shift errors on
9 > ash/dash/busybox variants.
10
11 Reuseable code. Great!
12
13 > Also attached is the patched versionater.eclass again.
14
15 After a quick look I wonder how/if it deals with:
16
17 1.01 < 1.1
18
19 -nc