From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: POSIX capability in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:49:37
1 2011-08-02 19:39:18 Ciaran McCreesh napisał(a):
2 > On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:36:12 -0400
3 > Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o> wrote:
4 > > That statement needs one more qualification: "and doesn't use
5 > > portage". Portage will (by default) remove files on uninstall even if
6 > > they *do not* match the checksum recorded in the vdb. This implies
7 > > that most people will *not* see any issues due to something other
8 > > than the package manager modifying the files behind the package
9 > > manager's back.
10 >
11 > Ugh, seriously? When did that happen?
12
13 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=a133cb89d5279df7febcd0c8ab3890e2ccfb897a
14
15 > Maybe we need to spec VDB after all to avoid that kind of nonsense.
16
17 I think that unmerge-orphans is a useful feature.
20 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis