From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should NATTkA reject keywordreqs for packages with -arch (-*) keywords?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 20:20:26
1 Hi,
2
3 TL;DR: should NATTkA reject request to keyword on arch if the ebuild has
4 '-arch' (or '-*') in KEYWORDS already?
7 Background: I've recently been rekeywording two packages that gained
8 dependency on gevent. When I was mass-requesting rekeywording, it
9 escaped my attention that gevent is explicitly marked '-ia64'. The arch
10 team apparently got mad at me and added gevent to their package.mask to
11 make its breakage more explicit.
12
13 I think it would make sense if NATTkA detected '-ia64' there and told me
14 that the package is keyword-masked on ia64.
15
16 The flip side is that it would prevent people from using NATTkA to
17 restore keywords that were marked '-arch' before. Of course, if this
18 would ever be necessary it could easily be resolved via removing '-arch'
19 first or adding some extra hack.
20
21 WDYT?
24 Best regards,