From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should NATTkA reject keywordreqs for packages with -arch (-*) keywords?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 20:20:26
Hi,

TL;DR: should NATTkA reject request to keyword on arch if the ebuild has
'-arch' (or '-*') in KEYWORDS already?

Background: I've recently been rekeywording two packages that gained
dependency on gevent.  When I was mass-requesting rekeywording, it
escaped my attention that gevent is explicitly marked '-ia64'.  The arch
team apparently got mad at me and added gevent to their package.mask to
make its breakage more explicit.

I think it would make sense if NATTkA detected '-ia64' there and told me
that the package is keyword-masked on ia64.

The flip side is that it would prevent people from using NATTkA to
restore keywords that were marked '-arch' before.  Of course, if this
would ever be necessary it could easily be resolved via removing '-arch'
first or adding some extra hack.

WDYT?

--
Best regards,