From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 01:05:54
1 On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 21:59 +0100, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 >
3 > - If you are CC'ed by the hook and you are part of the alias that is the assignee of the bug,
4 > you will receive two emails unless the hook integrates the alias.
5 >
6 > - Based on the previous point, I'd suggest to use a wrapper if you want to be cc'ed on the
7 > bug you are resolving:
10 I don't have enough information about the environment to know if it's
11 possible, but obviously it would be nice if the implementation could
12 avoid double emails. A pass through projects.xml might suffice, since
13 non-devs can't commit directly. It might take an extra HTTP request
14 though.
15
16 An alias or wrapper isn't much better than checking the box on the
17 webpage, at least for me personally:
18
19 * I still have to remember to use the wrapper and not the "repoman
20 commit" I've typed thousands of times.
21
22 * I need two wrappers; one for repoman and one for pkgdev.
23
24 * I only want to be CCed if I actually modify the bug (not merely by
25 committing), since that's what prompts follow-up comments.
26
27 * A few other people have said they would like the feature, and
28 we'd all need to reimplement the same thing on a bunch of machines.
29
30 * It needs www-client/pybugz installed =)