From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:21:15
1 On 6/21/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > "Caleb Tennis" <caleb@g.o> posted
3 > 34384.192.168.2.159.1150898601.squirrel@××××××××××××.com, excerpted below,
4 > on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:03:21 -0400:
5 >
6 > > [Stefan Schweizer wrote...]
7 > >> qt3 - enable optional qt3 support
8 > >> qt4 - enable optional qt4 support
9 > >
10 > > Maybe I just need a little time to warm up to this. :)
11 >
12 [snip]
13 >
14 > This should be the clearest from a user perspective, and should require
15 > the minimal amount of package.use magic, yet it remains an option where a
16 > user finds it necessary. There will be a bit of disruption when KDE4
17 > ultimately stabilizes, but handled correctly, it shouldn't be any more of
18 > a problem than any major version upgrade on a major desktop environment
19 > would be -- that is, while some problems should be expected (and well
20 > published in GWN and the like before stabilization), they should be
21 > resolvable, and temporary.
25 When do you propose qt4 hits make.defaults? When kde4 hits p.mask,
26 when it hits ~arch, or when it hits arch?
27
28 I think mr_bones__ idea was the most appropriate thus far.
29 >
30 > --
31 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
32 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
33 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list