From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:08:44
1 On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 09:01:55PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:55:42 +0300
3 > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Oh come on. I never said to stop supporting those arches. I just said
5 > > to shrink their stable tree. What do you suggest? Pretend to have
6 > > active exotic arches just to look shiny and pretty?
7 >
8 > Claiming to support an exotic arch but forcing people to run ~arch on
9 > it is not supporting it at all. One of the problems with exotic archs
10 > is that they are much more likely to show up bugs than things that are
11 > commonly used, and so knowing that something has been properly tested
12 > is a lot more important there.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Ciaran McCreesh
16
17 Ok then according to your definition that supported arches == stable
18 tree, I can safely assume that we cannot support those arches
19 --
20 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer
22 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org