From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:06:45
1 On Friday 12 April 2013 15:41:55 James Cloos wrote:
2 > >>>>> "MF" == Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> writes:
3 > >> It will impact everyone who has /dev/pts in fstab(5).
4 >
5 > MF> don't do that.
6 >
7 > *I* didn't.
8
9 that you remember. i think it's more likely you copy & pasted some line a
10 long time ago than baselayout modified it for you.
11
12 two people who have installs that are a decade old doesn't incline me to write
13 a news entry. not when the ebuild itself contains a sanity check that
14 triggers exactly as needed and includes an error message explaining things.
15 we aren't talking about an upgrade here that will silently & accidentally
16 break your box on next boot (like udev & friends), or will break running
17 programs (like SONAME bumps, although that's a much less of a problem now that
18 portage handles things automatically).
19 -mike