From: Anan Zeevy <Anan.Zeevy@×××××××××.il>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Newbie to Linux
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:58:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I have bought a copy of the 1.2 Gentoo CD from ComputerHelperGuy and I wish
4 to install it on my computer.
5 As a newbie, instead of trying it immediately (and thus miserably failing
6 and wasting my time) I'd like to know what manuals should I print to have
7 handy during the installation, and what should I learn before trying to
8 install Gentoo on my computer.
9
10 My specs:
11 Mother board: Asus A7V333 (VIA KT333)
12 CPU: Athlon 1800+ (slightly overclocked)
13 MEM: 1GB Transcend 333Mhz DDR
14 HDD: Primary (Master) - Maxtor 80GB
15 Secondary (Slave) - IBM 20GB unpartitioned, unformatted (intended
16 for Gentoo)
17 Graphic: Matrox G400 DH 32MB
18 Sound: Currently using onboard sound (C-Media 8738), switching to Hercules
19 Game theater XP (Cirrus Logic CS4630) in a few days.
20 2 NICS: 3com 905b (pptp adsl), intel pro 10/100 (lan)
21 CD-R (master): Plextor (PX-W401240A)
22 DVD (Slave): Asus (E-616)
23
24 Also, could you please tell me where can I find the instructions for
25 enabling Hebrew support as in Dan Armak's screenshot ?
26
27 Best regards,
28 Anan Zeevy
29