From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:41:19
1 Matthew Gaule posted <loom.20060425T235314-742@××××××××××.org>, excerpted
2 below, on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:55:13 +0000:
3
4 > Could a simple USE flag (Such as "branding") be implemented, which if set,
5 > will pull in and configure gentoo themes when a package is compiled? This
6 > could be unset by default, meaning most users would not be effected by
7 > this.
8
9 If the suggestion is to be taken, perhaps "gentoo-branding" would be a
10 clearer USE flag? Simply "branding" to me indicates upstream branding,
11 say all the things necessary to have a real Firefox (TM) registered
12 browser, icon and theming complete as upstream, instead of the Gentoo
13 version with various (unapproved upstream) Gentoo patches.
14
15 In theory, people should read the USE description, but I don't think we
16 need a repeat of the gtk/gtk2 confusion. =8^P
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
22 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list