From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ppc cross-compiler
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:15:46
1 Philippe Coulonges wrote:
2
3 > Something puzzles me.
4 >
5 > The gcc ebuild seems ready to handle installation of a cross-compiler,
6 > but the binutils ebuild don't.
7 >
8 > Is there a purpose ?
9 > Is it a work in progress ?
10 > Did I miss something ?
11 >
12 > CU
13 > CPHIL
14
15 I'm unsure how tested that ability it. I made some ebuilds for
16 binutils/gcc sparc/mips64 support, and in doing so, inadvertently made
17 them capable of building cross-compilers. I'm also working on a script
18 to do cross-compilers that I hope to put into portage maybe within
19 another week or so....still beating the bugs out of it.
22 --Kumba
25 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
26 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
27 elsewhere." --Elrond
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list