From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due lack of time
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 16:28:36
1 On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013, Rick \"Zero Chaos\" Farina wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Huh? Savedconfig isn't a solution for the license issue.
5 >
6 >> If he doesn't agree to the license he can use savedconfig to not
7 >> install those firmware packages.
8 >
9 > Yes, but ACCEPT_LICENSE wouldn't work. It would still be necessary to
10 > include all licenses, even for firmware packages that are not
11 > installed.
14 I'm sure I'm not the only one who really doesn't care about having
15 ACCEPT_LICENSE work properly for a package full of binary blobs. It
16 seems like a rather insignificant reason to split the package up.
17
18 If some of the licenses involved are particularly offensive to a large
19 number of people, then it might be worth while to split those
20 particular files out.