From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] download problem in ebuild
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:56:14
1 On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 19:38 -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:34:41PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
3 > > Thanks to all of you, thats now very clear.
4 > >
5 > > The message i have is that it will work, but its not allowed.
6 > Wrong interpretation- it won't work within an ebuild.
7 > It requires exteneral user intervention to make the ebuild work,
8 > *every* time.
9 >
10 > Won't work == not allowed in this case, cause it... won't work for
11 > ebuilds...
12
13 OK thanks again.
14
15 Actually the problem has been solved (sort of) because they also have a
16 sourcforge account, and I can see how the sourceforge mirror:/
17 specification works in URI_SRC. sweet.
18
19 Now to persuade the plonkers to remeber to post new versions to sf. I
20 dunno, people come to gentoo-user asking about how to get their stuff
21 into gentoo, and ya have to reorganise their whole darned project.
22
23 Never mind, I am learning in the process!
26 > Etc.
27 > ~harring
28 --
29 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>