From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glibc builds and --as-needed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:27:43
1 Simon Strandman wrote:
2 > I'm curious why --as-needed is disabled for glibc builds. It was first
3 > added over a year ago in one of the early 2.3.4 builds so is it still
4 > nessecary?
5 >
6 > I tried removing it and had no problems building glibc and I could see
7 > that it was used when looking at the compile output. Then I tried
8 > bootstraping from stage1 with --as-needed and neither my amd64 or x86
9 > has any problems completeing it. Perhaps this can be reconsidered?
12 Please file a bug. It'll be much easier for us to keep track of that way.
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Mark