From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Graphical User Interfaces Project
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:59:04
1 On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 04:53:00 -0400
2 Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > A group of our developers and i have felt the need of working around a
10 > new goal inside Gentoo: Graphical User Interfaces (GUI).
11 >
12 > Though Gentoo has been considered a very command line interface
13 > oriented system; we believe there is always room for new 'ways' of
14 > doing things in this distribution that helps our users to have a
15 > better Gentoo experience.
16 >
17 > Our main idea is to develop and collect all the necessary applications
18 > to offer GUI's (keeping Gentoo flexibility) for most of our system
19 > tasks, offering an alternative for those users who like these kind of
20 > interfaces.
21 >
22 > So we have started the Gentoo-GUI's project to work around the goal of
23 > making Gentoo more 'GUIzed' :-)
24 >
25 > Please visit the site http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/guis/ for further
26 > information. Note that we are just in the early stage of the project
27 > right now, but anybody is welcome to participate on what we currently
28 > have so far.
29
30 You should rename 'himerge' to YAPG (yet another portage GUI). Is there
31 a particular reason why you couldn't reuse one of the already
32 established ones (kuroo, porthole, portato, ...)?
33
34 Marius
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list