From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] getting sus-2.0.1 marked stable
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:59:12
1 On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:57:19 -0500
2 William Hubbs <kc5eiv@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I'm not sure if this question should go here or to gentoo-user, so if it should go there let me know and I'll refer it there.
7 >
8 > I submitted an ebuild for sus-2.0.1, a program similar to sudo, a few weeks ago. It was added to the tree and marked testing. I have been using it and had not problems with it.
9 >
10 > What is the procedure for getting it marked stable?
11
12 Usually we mark ebuilds stable after they've been in portage for a month with no bugs reported. So it would make sense if before filing bug with request to make it stable, you check if there are any open bugs for it. If there isn't, then (generally) there shouldn't be any problem with changing ~ARCH to ARCH. Everything else is up to the maintainer of the package.
15 Let the Force be with us!
16 Sergey Kuleshov <svyatogor@g.o>
17 Public Key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~sergey/gentoo-gpg