From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 02:29:22
1 On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 23:41 +0200, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2
3 > > In which case your Paludis fork of Gentoo will take off like a
4 > Please, pretty please with sugar atop: Stop this FUD about forking
5 > Gentoo. Paludis is not a fork of Gentoo, it's new package manager. The
6 > relation between Portage and Paludis can, if at all, probably be
7 > compared to dselect vs apt.
8
9 Actually, I think we're reading him differently, Danny. I read
10 Christopher's email as saying "base a fork of Gentoo, using Paludis as
11 its package manager, and run with it." To me, he did not imply that
12 paludis is a fork of gentoo at all.
13
14 > Don't reply to this mail, just let it drop. Thank you very much.
15 Sorry to disobey, but I think it's better to make the communication gap
16 smaller, and dispel the misunderstandings.
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Seemant