From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 09:01:31
1 On 5/4/06, Bart Braem <bart.braem@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > What makes us think we can not trust the KDE devs?
3
4 1. bugs.gentoo.org
5 2. bugs.kde.org
6
7 I personally have been running KDE 3.5 since the RC days...when you
8 actually had to add it to package.unmask. And *yes*, it has had more
9 than it's share of problems. Even 3.5.1 had an annoying bug that
10 caused a kicker segfault every time I logged out. 3.5.2 is the first
11 3.5 that seems completely stable.
12
13 Honestly, if you want it sooooo badly, add the necessary entries to
14 package.keywords, merge it, and be happy. What is this obsession with
15 pushing the Gentoo devs to mark things stable before they feel it is
16 right to do so?? Is it just some pointless quest to have a completely
17 "stable" system??
18
19 -Richard
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list