From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DNSSEC (w/ DLV) live on *.dev.gentoo.org
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:36:38
1 On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 01:31:39AM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > If there are no problems reported in a week or two, I'm going to enable
3 > this for the rest of our DNS zones, as well as registering the DS
4 > records with the TLD. Thereafter, I'd also like to deploy DANE and SSH
5 > fingerprints in DNS, and remove our reliance any elements of the CA
6 > chain.
7 I haven't heard any problems at all, so I have implemented it on another
8 domain we own (it probably won't be renewed when it comes up, per
9 trustees decisions):
10 gentoo.be
11
12 In addition, I have the DS/DNSKEY with the .be domain registrar (the
13 full-trust variant, instead of relying on the DLV lookaside trust
14 repository).
15
16 I also added in a DNAME entry of:
17 dev.gentoo.be. DNAME dev.gentoo.org.
18
19 So that I could create the following trust chain for testing purposes:
20 http://dnsviz.net/d/mv78100.arm.dev.gentoo.be/dnssec/
21
22 If there are no problems reported by Jan 17th, I'm going to complete the
23 DNSSEC configuration on gentoo.org and remaining delegated sub-domains.
26 Robin Hugh Johnson
27 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
28 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85