From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Freedesktop utils in ebuild
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:18:47
1 Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:27:26 +0200
2 René 'Necoro' Neumann <lists@××××××.eu> kirjoitti:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > René 'Necoro' Neumann schrieb:
8 > > Hi list,
9 > >
10 > > I'm currently trying to update an ebuild (x11-misc/zim) to a new
11 > > version. The old one uses a patch to disable running
12 > > "update-desktop-database" and instead using the
13 > > fdo-mime_desktop_database_update function.
14 > >
15 > > Now - the new ebuild also wants to call:
16 > >
17 > > - update-mime-database --> disable and use
18 > > fdo-mime_mime_database_update ?
19
20 yes, because it (re)generates cache file that doesn't belong to any
21 package we need to run it in postinst. to avoid file-collision.
22
23 > > - xdg-icon-resource install --> let it run? - or disable it (and
24 > > replace it by what)?
25
26 unsure (as i've neved touched it) but i'd say if it respects DESTDIR and
27 doesn't have any file-collisions when installing, let it run
28
29 plus it will be very likely ME who commits new zim, as usual.. so open
30 up a bug for the new version & your suggested ebuild.
31
32 thanks, Samuli
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list