From: Michael Fairchild <fairchild@××××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] security updates
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:44:07
1 I would love it if i could type "emerge -p system" and see the same list a
2 i do know, but whith an additional marker somewher saying if the reason
3 was related with security. I do not need every package to be
4 ultrauptodate, but i do want all security patches, even if they mean
5 breaking the system. The way i see it, every update of a working package
6 has the potential to break it. On an overpowered server where stability
7 and security are my main concerns I would rather not take this risk.
8 However, if it is to rectify a security hole then I already consider the
9 package broken.-mfairchi