From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ycarus@×××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stats test server running, please check it out
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:31:51
1 Federico Ferri wrote:
2 > 2nd: how to improve the output: you could make every data an
3 > hyperlink: that would help understand better the contents
4 > example:
5 > Archs:
6 > hyperlink arch name to wikipedia perhaps
7
8 Done, linking to
9
10 http://packages.gentoo.org/arch/${arch}
13 > CFLAGS
14 > can link the flag name to GCC user guide relevant section, or to
15 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/CFLAGS#<flagname>
16 > same for other flags and MAKEOPTS
17
18 Later, server seems down.
21 > FEATURES
22 > can link feature to make.conf man page:
23 > http://linuxreviews.org/man/make.conf/ (unfortunately this man page is
24 > rendered with no anchors over variable/features, so you could do
25 > better ^__^
26
27 Done, linking to
28 http://smolt.hartwork.org:45678/static/man/man5/make.conf.5.html#${feature}
29
30 If anyone feels like playing with manpage-screen.css please do and
31 come back to me.
32
33 Also, the man page does not seem to list these features:
34
35 cvs
36 preserve-libs
37 split-debug
38 splitdebug
39 unmerge-logs
40
41 Either people use invalid features (you tell me) or the man page needs
42 an update. Maybe both ("split-debug" vs "splitdebug")?
45 > USE flags
46 > can link to
47 > http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=&use=<useflagname> (now
48 > appears down)
49
50 Still down, linking to
51
52 http://gpo.zugaina.org/Search?search=&use=${use}
53
54 for now.
57 > System profiles:
58 > can link to profiles in cvs
59
60 Are you sure about this? Will that be fun to look at?
63 > Package atoms can link to packages.g.o or to gentoo-portage.com
64
65 Done, linking to
66
67 http://packages.gentoo.org/package/${CATEGORY}/${PN}
70 To be able to link all packages properly we'd need a version of
71 http://gpo.zugaina.org/ that includes the trees "gentoo" and "funtoo".
72
73 ycarus, could the server handle that load-wise? would it be easy to
74 extend the current service or set up an all-packages-version in parallel?
78 Sebastian