From: Wolfgang Illmeyer <wolfgang.illmeyer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python stuff and CHOST Change don't agree
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:31:59
1 Hi,
2 A few months ago I changed my CHOST in make.conf from i386-pc-linux-gnu
3 to i686-pc-linux-gnu. Everything went ok until I had to install some
4 python package; the old chost was hardcoded somewhere in
5 /usr/lib/python2.3 or similar and therefore it still wanted to use the
6 i386-toolchain when building python stuff. remerging python didn't help.
7 revdep-rebuild didn't help. then I manually replaced the i386 by i686
8 and it went well for a while.
9 Today i wanted to emerge solfege with gnome useflag and it stopped at
10 dev-python/pyorbit due to a missing "i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc"
11 what can i do?
12
13 greetings
14 Wolfgang