From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] current portage rsnapshot can eat your backups
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:12:02
1 From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
2 Subject: rsnapshot and cp bug
3 Newsgroups: gmane.linux.gentoo.devel
4 Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:54:02 -0600
5 Message-ID: <87zml44jxx.fsf@×××××××.com>
6
7 [This message was posted some time ago but failed to show on the list
8 I've resubscribed so hope it goes thru now]
9 ===============================================================
10
11 The portage version of rsnapshot 1.2.1 (most recent) has a problem
12 with the newest gnu cp. It can cause rsnapshot to eat all your
13 carefully saved backups. This was discussed on rsnapshot list some
14 time ago:
15 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8988105&forum_id=41320
16
17 And more recently when rsnapshot ate all my backups.
18
19 The newer version 1.2.2 does not have this problem.
20 Maybe it should be hustled into portage.
21
22 Or certain lines in the exiting version can be edited
23 (explained the cited messages).
24
25 Look for this message and subject on
26 gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.rsnapshot.general, for some of the
27 discussion
28
29 From: reader@×××××××.com
30 Subject: rsnap failure in cp -al leads to deletion of all but one Hourly*
31 Newsgroups: gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.rsnapshot.general,
32 gmane.linux.gentoo.user
33 Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
34 Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:47:05 -0600
35 Message-ID: <87vexlta8m.fsf@×××××××.com>
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list