From: Mark Gordon <spamtrap@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: newbie advice
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:50:42
1 On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:51:11 -0400, "Robert Abel"
2 <robert__a82@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >What do you think the odds are a linux newbie can successfully install and
5 >configure gentoo? I have an old machine I am considering playing around
6 >with but, some reveiws on the net I have read say my chances of succeeding
7 >are horrible. What is your opinion?
8
9 If you are prepared to actually read the documentation and research
10 anything you don't understand you can probably do it. If you expect to
11 just press a few buttons and by magic have everything working, not a
12 chance. So read the installation guide and give it a go, the worst
13 that will happen is you have to re-format the HD and install a
14 different OS.
15 --
16 Mark Gordon