From: Maciej.BOROWKA@××××××××××××××××.fr
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] File systems
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:01:07
1 I am using reiserfs without any problem on my desktop box and I fully
2 recommend it.
3 I tried both ext3 and xfs few months ago and I switched to reiser after
4 having xfs corrupt my disk (I am using ataraid, my problem has already been
5 discussed on xfs mailing list, no solution was provided or I was just not
6 able to find it) and ext3 has some problems with processor usage. Copying a
7 700 MB iso file was taking about 100% of my processor time... I believe it
8 was journal updating... No such problem with reiserfs
9
10 /Maciek
11
12 You wrote:
13 > What file systems do you all recommend?