From: Kevin Lacquement <kevin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 03:16:57
1 Kumba wrote:
4 >> Here's where we want the non-devs to get access. After all, not all
5 >> development and debugging is done by devs. All the current devs were,
6 >> at one point, users. Where did they get their start? My bet is they
7 >> entered via the -dev mailing list, learned the ropes here, and
8 >> eventually earned their dev status. If the -dev list is closed, where
9 >> do the new dev-wannabes learn the ropes and get their voices heard?
10 >
11 > You missed the small mention of "open" in my first sentence. I probably
12 > should have clarified what my definition of what "open" is, but it
13 > pretty much means no moderation on the -dev list so that users and
14 > developers could post.
17 Sorry, I should have made it clear - I was agreeing with you there. I'm
18 not a -dev yet, but if I continue to have the time to work towards it, I
19 don't want to be blocked because someone decided that users couldn't
20 give insights to the developers list.
21
22 Kevin
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list