From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Comparing Openpkg with portage
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:49:14
1 Hello-
2
3 I'm investigating the similarities between portage and openpkg. More
4 specifically I was wondering if it is possible to take portage and install
5 in on top of an existing linux installation in its own sandbox (similar to
6 what openpkg does). I've done some googling and found the documentation
7 about the gentoo sandbox (http://bugday.gentoo.org/sandbox.html), but this
8 seems to be a tool for checking that ebuilds behave correctly. I've read
9 through the developer documentation and didn't find anything there. Google
10 hasn't necessarily been very useful either....
11
12 So, is it possible to sandbox a portage installation on top of say a debian
13 or fedora install? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?
14 Do any of the devs out here have experience with openpkg?
15
16 thanks
17
18 matt